[opensource-dev] Mac Build - Where do I start?

Kittin Ninetails kittin.ninetails at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:20:36 PDT 2018

Wow, a lot has changed since I last pulled the Viewer source.  And with the
big warning on the wiki saying the instructions are out of date, I'm not
sure where to start.

If anyone has some quick & dirty notes for a command-line build, I'd
appreciate them.  My current questions are:

   - What version of OSX do I have to be on?  I'm probably going to have to
   downgrade something.
   - What Xcode is supported?  Apple keeps pushing the latest on me, so
   I'll probably have to downgrade that, too.
   - What is is the LL_BUILD env variable and how do I use it?
   - Is it still:  autobuild configure -c ReleaseOS  ?

I'll probably have a lot more questions, but if someone can help me get
started (again), I'd appreciate it.

I'm also not sure why autobuild.xml references "../indra".  Shouldn't that
be "./indra"?  Or am I supposed to now launch autobuild from a subdirectory?