[opensource-dev] Linux x64 - libmedia_plugin_cef.so error

Alex sldev at vlan1000.net
Thu Mar 22 09:11:31 PDT 2018

On 2018-03-23 02:00, Henri Beauchamp wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 01:48:08 +1000, Alex wrote:
>
>> It does indeed sound like the viewer is subsequently spawning another
>> SLPlugin instead of dullahan_host, you are right. I have no idea why
>> the
>> viewer would be doing that. From what I am aware, the viewer _should_
>> start one instance of SLPlugin and dullahan_host when its at the login
>> screen.
>>
>> Do you have a rough idea (assuming the standard LL viewer behavior)
>> where these processes get launched from on startup (which part of the
>> viewer code)?
>
> In fact, the viewer (and SLPlugin) code itself got no knowlegde of
> dullahan_host: the latter is launched (and gets passed arguments) by
> CEF, from a setting given in dullahan_impl.cpp, in
> dullahan_impl::init()
>
> My guess is that your plugin lacks a #elif defined(__linux__) and the
> corresponding CefString(&settings.browser_subprocess_path) there.
> Here is what I put in mine:
> #elif defined(__linux__)
>     CefString(&settings.browser_subprocess_path) = "dullahan_host";
> #endif
>
> Henri.

Ahhh!!! Thats going to be what it is for sure! I am missing that part in
mine.. and it explains why I found no reference to the dullahan_host in
my strace data.. Not even attempt to start it. It all makes sense now.

Thank you so much! I'll rebuild the plugin and the viewer and see how
that goes.

--
Kind Regards,
Alex.