[opensource-dev] Viewer changes for Premium changes

Henri Beauchamp sldev at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:58:36 PDT 2020

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 10:46:27 -0400, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

> The DRTVWR-481 branch has been promoted to the default viewer and pulled
> to the master branch.

Sadly, there is no corresponding commit to be found: the only commit
between the master branch and DRTVWR-481 (which is now gone and cannot
be browsed any more) is the opposite one, i.e. the merge of the release
viewer branch into DRTVWR-481, prior to the promotion of the latter...

So, I downloaded a diffed the master and the v6.3.8 release tags to diff
them but, surprise, they only differ by their version number (only one
diff in the sources, dealing with the version increment from 6.3.8 to
6.3.9) !

In fact, to get the full batch of changes between the former release
tag and the merged DRTVWR-481 branch, I has to diff the sources for
the release tags of 6.3.7 and 6.3.8...

What a mess !

> TPVs will save their users confusion and reduce support questions by
> getting as many users as possible onto viewers with this support by the
> time we change the Premium offerings. I don't have a target date for it
> I can share, but it's not that far off.

I already implemented most of the changes (in my own way, to keep things
OpenSim-compatible, i.e. keeping also the old economy-based process), and
did not find much added changes in the new diff.

However, a couple of things are confusing. Would you please care to explain
them:

- So far, on login, the only "account_level_benefits" parameters returned
  by the server are: "additional_listing_cost" and "num_free_listings",
  which are not even parsed for/used in your code !
  No parameter dealing with upload costs, creation group cost, attachments
  limit or picks limit, while your new code relies on them: is it normal
  (i.e. not yet implemented server-side) or is it a problem with my SL
  accounts (one premium and several normal/free accounts, all showing the
  same set of "account_level_benefits" parameters, and just different
  values) ?

- There is a "ViewerBenefits" capability requested by your new code, but
  that capability is never used... Is it normal, or is something missing
  there ?

Regards,

Henri.