[opensource-dev] Viewer changes for Premium changes

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Thu Mar 19 12:29:01 PDT 2020

On 2020-03-19 11:58 , Henri Beauchamp wrote:
> However, a couple of things are confusing. Would you please care to explain
> them:
>
> - So far, on login, the only "account_level_benefits" parameters returned
>    by the server are: "additional_listing_cost" and "num_free_listings",
>    which are not even parsed for/used in your code !
>    No parameter dealing with upload costs, creation group cost, attachments
>    limit or picks limit, while your new code relies on them: is it normal
>    (i.e. not yet implemented server-side) or is it a problem with my SL
>    accounts (one premium and several normal/free accounts, all showing the
>    same set of "account_level_benefits" parameters, and just different
>    values) ?
Where are you logging in?  When I log in I get a great deal more than that.
> - There is a "ViewerBenefits" capability requested by your new code, but
>    that capability is never used... Is it normal, or is something missing
>    there ?

That's there as a flag to inform the simulator that the viewer
understands the new benefits mechanism. As far as I know we have not
used it for anything, but it's there so that if we discover a
backwards-compatibility problem serious enough we can modify messaging
or make some other accomodation.

--
OZ LINDEN | VP Second Life Engineering
email: oz at lindenlab.com <mailto:oz at lindenlab.com> | Scott Lawrence