[sldev] Possible to distinguish client versions via LSL?

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Thu Apr 5 19:28:38 PDT 2007

В сообщении от 6 апреля 2007 01:17 Tobias Lang написал(a):
> Yes, the junk other people see is the point. Would be nice to
> prevent any script actions if it is dealing with an unsupported
> client. In the end a simple LLGetViewerVersion() would be nice...
> -Tobias

You could use the debug channel, it'll still be seen, but it's
considerably less annoying than displaying it as normal chat.

I can try to put a patch on Jira for my LSL/viewer communication hack
that supports a version request command. If that goes in, that'd make
it possible to talk to the viewer without getting junk on screen (as
if the message is identified as using the LSL/viewer protocol it's
not displayed)

The code has a few flaws atm, btw, but the concept works.