[sldev] Child cameras in non-adjacent regions?

John Hurliman jhurliman at wsu.edu
Tue Apr 10 22:48:46 PDT 2007

John Hurliman wrote:
> Is it possible for clients to look in to non-adjacent regions, without
> the avatar actually leaving the current region?
>
> John Hurliman

Let me refine the original question a bit. I know you can set your child
camera peering in to another further away region and use this to
leapfrog your vision several sims away (is there a hard limit as to how
far you can do this in any direction?), but by non-adjacent I'm
referring to peering in a sim on the other side of a continent, or a
remote island perhaps. The official viewer doesn't do this as far as I
know and it seems all sim connections stem from either the initial
login, a successful teleport, or an EnableSimulator by setting your
camera (or child camera) properly. Are there any other ways of
establishing a connection to a sim that I overlooked? If I get a chance
I will test out the child camera leapfrogging and report back with how
far it can see.

John Hurliman