[sldev] Results from Friday bug triage - next one planned for Monday, 3pm

josh at lindenlab.com josh at lindenlab.com
Sat Apr 14 21:08:18 PDT 2007

I did a quick scan over the bugs, and without reading this thread twice I
wasn't sure how to glean from the state in Jira what the triage call on a
bug was, or whether a bug had been triaged.

Even if the triage call is implicitly captured (e.g. by it being resolved
or by being linked to LL internal Jira), I think it's worth being
explicit, especially as it's nice to be able to focus on bugs that have
not yet been triaged (or were triaged and changed state).

Suggestions:

* Ensure the comments include a tag such as [SLDEV TRIAGE 2007-04-14], to
distinguish a group's triage call vs. "Who is Gigs Taggart and why do I
care what he thinks?"

* Add a new field in Jira, e.g. checkbox for "Triaged", text box for above
(triage by/date).

* Another possibility is to do the triage as a special "Triage" user, so
that comments by that user are known to be done by a team, and are
therefore searchable.

(The latter option has logistical/scaling issues.)