[sldev] Results from Friday bug triage - next one planned for Monday, 3pm

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Sun Apr 15 17:40:07 PDT 2007

Hi Jason,

Thanks for working through these.  More bleow

On 4/14/07 4:45 PM, Jason Giglio wrote:
> Rob Lanphier wrote:
>> Please let us know what you think.
>
> I think we should reserve the meeting for the more controversial bugs
> that need discussion, and preemptively resolve the other ones.

Agreed, but I think we'll probably need to discuss them to figure out
that they're controversial.  Chicken and egg.

> VWR-199 Solid repro, import

Done.

> VWR-203 Looks like the normal alpha sorting bug

I think this may be the same as internal issue SL-15831.  I would
appreciate confirmation from the Lindens in the crowd.

> MISC-40 Doesn't make any sense to me.  Asked prok for clarification.

Noted other thread.

> SVC-45 Needs Repro

Marked.

> VWR-208 Jeska reports it as known issue, might already have SL-id

Hmmm...I haven't seen this.  I'll leave this on the list, and hopeful

> VWR-211 Account specific problem

Ok, I created a "misfiled" resolution status, which might be appropriate
for this.  I'm going to ponder a little bit whether it's appropriate
before applying that label.

> After doing this list I think it would be helpful if we could have
> more bug statuses/resolutions.

I'd like to tread lightly on our configuration at first.  Importing and
exporting issues is a pain when you have too many custom statuses and
resolutions.

Note:  "Resolved" means that the next action is on the Reporter, rather
than on the Assignee.  It's not the same as "Closed", which means that
the issue no longer requires action from anyone.

I just wrote up an explanation of this here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Issue_tracker#Issue_States

> 1. Needs repro - An invitation for someone to post a repro

This is the "Cannot Reproduce" resolution code, for now.  If we find we
have a practical problem distinguishing between issues that have good
repro cases, but honestly can't be reproduced after much trying, we can
create a separate status or resolution, but I'd rather not go there
yet.  I think the comments work well enough for that distinction.

> 2. Need more information (possibly this tag should be resolution, not
> a status)

This is the "Incomplete" resolution code.

> 3. Ready for Import (and/or linking with existing linden issue) --
> This would mean it has a solid repro and/or someone has a patch attached.

I would rather deal with this in the comments.  If you agree that
something is ready to import, make a quick note in the comments and/or
vote for it.

Could someone edit the wiki page to remove the issues we've already
dispatched?

Thanks
Rob