[sldev] Re: Vote for voice protocol documentation

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Thu Aug 16 01:56:55 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 07:49 +0000, Matthew Dowd wrote:
>  directed audio rather than point source audio

Could someone please explain to me what exactly this means? As someone
who has researched quite a bit into specialized audio, it doesn't mean a
damned thing to me. Sounds like marketing babble to me, marketing babble
that I can't even seem to google up. The only references I can google
refer to specialized hardware:

http://www.atcsd.com/site/content/view/34/47/

Which involves ultrasonic emissions which seem unlikely to reproduce in
software, given consumer hardware that does 48khz sample rate at best,
and crappy multimedia speakers that cut off at 15khz.