[sldev] Re: Vote for voice protocol documentation

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Thu Aug 16 02:22:50 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 01:46 -0700, John Hurliman wrote:
> I think that smart open source installers or viewers are the way to
> resolve this for now. Pick up the Kakadu library while they are at it
> and get equivalent performance (or better) to the official viewer, along
> with full voice support in a legitimate distribution. There are no usage
> rights in question here, only distribution rights and this is a common
> solution in Gentoo ebuilds. I don't have enough experience with Fedora,
> but would it also work there Callum?

You do not seem to understand what "Free and Open Source" really means,
for that matter neither does Phillip, judging from his recent speech. He
seems to only understand that open source = win. Which is a good
start...

As far as Fedora goes:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-c23c2cd3782be842dc7ab40c35199c07cfbfe347