[sldev] Re: Communication Window

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 12:57:37 PDT 2007

Sorry, I didn't intend to kick off another bitchfest.

Here's what I should have written:

Practically, there's not much we in this group can do about improving
voice. The voice component is closed source and at arms length, and
not even really integrated into the sim  - as far as I know there's
not even a way to tell whether an avatar is voice enabled or not
without connecting to the voice servers (and that should probably be
fixed)- . On the other hand we are in the right place to improve the
graphics, so let's concentrate on that... besides being easier (even
possible) it will benefit more people since many don't use voice.