[sldev] New Viewer Shell Proposal

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Wed Aug 22 11:38:13 PDT 2007

Lawson English wrote:
> Using OpenGL for the interface drawing and the LInden's own widgets is
> in-line with all other immersive worlds.

I fully agree.

Personally I strongly prefer it that way.  The immersiveness and
distinction between in-world and outworld is supported by the different
user interface on an intuitive level.

And the Lindens now have the widgets already.  They are there, they
are effective (in terms of screen space) and they support the world
distinction.

The least thing (besides ads from real world corps) I want to see
in-world is gray Windows controls or spacey blue window titles or
the mess you'll create there if a Windows user is using Windows UI
skinning.

Nick
---
Second Life from the inside out: