[sldev] Source reorganization needed

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Tue Aug 28 08:43:42 PDT 2007

Michael Miller wrote:
> Although I've only worked with the source a little bit, I'd have to
> say that it's pretty bad. A few major quirks in the code:

Given the size of the project I don't think it's pretty bad.  It may
not be state of the art, but I've yet to see a large project that has
state of the art design after so many years and with so many programmers.

Some things boil down to preference (for example I don't mind the
globals but don't like the early exit/return from functions).  Re their
own versios of stuff and the mix of apr, boost, std:: and others may
be confusing, but I myself haven't used any of these before, so it
depends where anybody comes from.

There are many things that leave a lot to be desired in the project,
but I don't expect any of them to change any time soon becuase they
are the result of LL's basic mode of operation, their self assigned
mission and their relationship with the OS community.

Nick