[sldev] OS-SL Development Issues (was Upcoming viewer releases)

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Wed Aug 29 03:31:31 PDT 2007

Harold Brown wrote:
> But what I don't see is discussion about how patches are
> working out..  I know Nicholaz has quite a few people using his
> version... but unless we're one of the people using it... we have no
> idea when a new release is... what new PJIRA patches he's included, or
> even what issues he's had.

Actually I focused that stuff on my blog because I didn't want to
spam the group here (at times there were daily releases).

> I'd like to see the release notes for the current "Nicholaz Edition"
> posted here each time a release is made... because that right there is
> our test bed... not "When is my patch going to get into the official
> client".... but "When did it go into Nicholaz client.. and what are
> people saying"

I'm doing this both ways, but the JIRA was or is my hub of communication
there, because the context there is patches/numbers.

With the more complex ones or those running for some time (some that
were not obvious one-liners) I've alway made a comment that it's
running in my viewer and if I noticed problems I've posted it there
too (the stuff around llownersay color for example).  There were two
other patches recently where I did the same (one turned out to be a
red herring) the other was something more mysterious and I went to
Soft directly with that one because it was already "fixed internally"
and she was the importer.

Nick

Second Life from the inside out:
http://nicholaz-beresford.blogspot.com/