[sldev] Weird problem with maps and cursors on the 1.18.0.6 source build

Barney Boomslang bboomslang at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:50:41 PDT 2007

Hi folks, maybe one of you has an idea:

I am working on building the Nicholaz' Edition for the macintosh. When
I have the version built with the delivered libraries, the maps have
the problem that the map tiles are only shown in the upper-left
corner. This sounds a lot like an issue that was discussed in VWR-123
- but that one is closed as fixed and the patches seem to have been
incorporated. But with my own 1.18.0.6 build, this problem shows still
- map is broken, tiles are reduced to upper-left corner.

I tried to build against OpenJPEG 1.2 which ran fine and with -O3 and
unrolled loops the performance is quite decent - I think it's really
better than the delivered 1.1.1 based build. But the same problem
still applies - broken map.

Any hints on what direction to take would be appreciated. Especially
if someone else allready had this problem and maybe found a fix for
it.

Another problem I have is that with that build the cursors don't
allways change - for example when resizing a window, the
resizing-cursor isn't shown. And when using alt-click-drag to move the
cam, the cam-changing cursor isn't shown. Other cursors (like the buy
or touch cursors) show fine. Any hints here?

And yes, I know that 1.18.0.6 is rather oldish, but it's explicitely
targeted to incorporate Nicholaz' patches into the build and so I am
tied to that version until he starts to work out kinks on the voice
version. Especially on smaller machines with less power his version
would be a really nice option.

bye, Barney