[sldev] Re: OS-SL Development Issues (was Upcoming viewer releases)

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Aug 29 11:44:33 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 13:34 +0200, Dale Glass wrote:
> I mean, SL *could* do all this. I think that it's fundamentally wrong to
> move things outside SL when SL could conceivably handle them correctly.
> SL is what needs to be fixed.

+1

Is there some kind of informal in-world hang out place for us developer
types? Not office hours, a 24-7 hangout. If not there should be.
(Hippotropolis?) It would be nice to hang around people who give a crap
about what I'm working on, and not have to put up with mundanes who
think "developer" means I'm there to be their personal tech support. Or
who's answer to everything is "Why don't you use the official client"?
like I tend to get if I bother mentioning anything on the "Linux Client
Users" group...

(Also, I finally managed to fill my group list. Sigh. I guess half of
them are dead groups anyway...)