[sldev] Re: OS-SL Development Issues (was Upcoming viewer releases)

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:45:47 PDT 2007

On 30-Aug-2007, at 04:14, Dale Glass wrote:
> No. Mail isn't IM. Mail is what I check whenever it's convenient
> for me,
> from whatever place I happen to be at (IMAP server).

Me too. But then, so is IRC.

So is IM, which means that when I'm busy I'm not IM-able, because I'm
not logged in to IM.

If it's not convenient for me to check my mail, then it's not
convenient for me to be interrupted for anything.

Heck, a lot of people even find email "when it's convenient" to be
too disruptive.

If you want to reach me quicker than "when it's convenient", then
you're out of luck unless I've given you my cellphone number.

Or when I'm in SL as Argent Stonecutter, which is one reason I've got
more than one "Argent". I'd rather have just the one "Argent", and
log on in "offline mode" when I need to work on stuff. "Busy mode"
doesn't cut it.

The point is, I guess, that people work different ways, and SL groups
need a LOT more work to fit mine than yours.