[sldev] [VWR] Vectorization on i386?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Mon Dec 3 15:49:12 PST 2007

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 14:40 -0800, Dzonatas wrote:
>
>> There is also another patch that speeds up the avatar skinning by up
>> an additional 10% just by untangling a few headers and a couple of
>> in-line code moves. It is found with code related to the
>> llpolyskeletaldistortion patch:
>>

> Could you maybe just untangle the basic optimizations from everything
> else? The inlining of getter functions is a no-brainer.

Mmhmm
> It looks like LL is not going to take a giant ball of patches. I can't
> really blame them. You're going to have to spoonfeed it to them a bit at
> a time. Small, focused patches.

We know that leads to patching blindly. We don't get to see the internal
branch to see how it actually got applied.  At that point, there is no
way for us to guarantee any further patches applied to an internal
branch do work as intended.

The sandbox branch (external svn) has been intended to help solve that.
It doesn't provide the best means to do bulk patches and merges, but at
least we all get to see what we collaborate on together. I'm surprised
there isn't an external svn branch to help add CMake to the build.

--
Power to Change the Void