[sldev][META]LL to start using Streambase to combat fraud

Jesse Barnett jessesa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:08:45 PST 2007

May be of interest to others. Pattern recognition software has a multitude
of uses including most importantly fraud protection. Due to the sensitive
nature of security, we may not get much feedback on this. But I would
imagine that it could allay some of the recent concerns dealing with our
logins to 3rd party viewers. One such scenario would be an (undefined)
flurry of users logging in from the same IP address etc. Same as you will
recieve a phone call from your CC company if you forget to tell them you are
going on vacation and charges start appearing from Alcapulco........

http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/news/2007/11/mmo_cheats

"Online Games Use Fraud Software to Combat Cheats
By Emmet Cole 11.30.07 | 4:00 PM

Cheaters in multiplayer online games beware: Game developers are turning to
advanced financial fraud-detection software to keep you from crooking your
way to online riches."

etc, etc

"The MMO developer BioWare has recently adopted StreamBase's technology, as
has Second Life's Linden Lab and Avatar Reality, which is creating the MMO
Blue Mars for launch in late 2008."

etc etc

Jesse Barnett