[sldev] More about viewer auth in today's RC

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Sat Dec 8 01:31:52 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:14:41AM -0800, John Hurliman wrote:
> Anders Arnholm wrote:

> change, but there also might be an additional LLSD interface to the system
> at that point so it is just speculation right now.

That authentications now is a "speculation" issue, is part of the
problem. Authenitcations whet ever LL calls it is a security problem,
now it's not open to verify it it good or bad, traditionally all system
that are not open are in the bad area. I have so far not seen a single
closed authenications systems that is good. Security by obscurity never
works.

/ Balp

--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders at arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969