[Fwd: [sldev] [vwr] SDL strangeness with 1.18.5.3 and where the hell is glh]

Dana Fagerstrom Dana.Fagerstrom at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 7 06:39:45 PST 2007

Whoops...  Forgot to remove the bit about glh from the subject line.

Since I mentioned it, does anyone know where the glh sources are?  I
found libglh but that doesn't look exactly the same.  At least I hope it
isn't because it doesn't look like libglh is giving Linux much focus and
the library itself is mostly x86 assembler - something that severely
impacts SL portability.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [sldev] [vwr] SDL strangeness with 1.18.5.3 and where the
hell is	glh
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:13:34 -0500
From: Dana Fagerstrom <Dana.Fagerstrom at Sun.COM>
To: sldev at lists.secondlife.com

This note is mostly intended to Linux folks.

Is anyone else noticing any strange anomalies with 1.18.5.3?

I got a clean and happy build of this version on OpenSolaris but when I
ran the same build on Solaris 10, I get:

	WARNING: createContext: window creation failure. SDL: X11 driver not
configured with OpenGL

I'm baffled at what is causing this.  1.18.4.x runs fine on Solaris 10
and none of the libraries, SConstruct, or my Solaris-related patches
changed between releases.  I'm therefore totally baffled.

Thanks,

/index.html

Dana Fagerstrom                        Phone: 877.851.6343
Sun Services                             Fax: 877.851.6343
400 Atrium Dr.                         Email: dana.fagerstrom at Sun.COM
Somerset, NJ  08873               SneakerNet: USMT01