[sldev] More about viewer auth in today's RC

John Hurliman jhurliman at wsu.edu
Fri Dec 7 10:14:41 PST 2007

Anders Arnholm wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 11:30:08PM -0700, Lawson English wrote:
>
>> Anders Arnholm wrote:
>> 1) viewer(browser) => webpage => url+UUID (cap) => viewer
>> or
>> 2) 3rd part browser => webpage => url + UUID (cap) => viewer
>>

> One think i don't know and to be honest can't find any info about is
> what is needed to get the webpage working, HTML4, XHTML, CSS,
> JavaScript. However my main fucus is understanding HOW TEH F**K to get
> the (NOW AGAIN OUTDATED) WindLight source to compile....

You need to be able to POST using HTTP/1.1, so telnet will do. When the
multi-phase authentication comes where more authentication steps could
be returned instead of the Location header right away the requirements
might change, but there also might be an additional LLSD interface to
the system at that point so it is just speculation right now.

John