[sldev] [VWR] Cannot login under valgrind

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Dec 11 22:36:20 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 23:55 +0000, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Hi Everyone.
>
> Since 1.18.6.0 it does not seem possible to login under valgrind.
> Everything seems to run ok but you never get to the login window last
> message was:-
>
> 2007-12-11T23:43:52Z INFO: login_show: Setting Servers
> 2007-12-11T23:43:52Z INFO: setStartupState: Startup state changing from
> 1 to 2
>
> also tried with --autologin but no difference. Not sure whats changed
> but are there any timeouts that could trip and lockup in a loop because
> valgrind is making things run like treacle? I have managed to get in
> world before on the 1.18.5.X series with valgrind, so it appears to be
> something new.

Yeah valgrind slows the thing to a crawl which pretty much screws up
everything. I can generally get logged in though, on a fast-ish machine.
(Athlon 3000+) If you first disconnect on an empty sim/in the sky...

Lately I've been having problems with the OpenGL drivers
hanging/crashing, both fglrx and open source r300, so I haven't been
able to get any decent valgrind runs lately, which... sucks. I've been
getting a lot of crashes lately due to glibc detecting heap overruns
again. Argh.