[sldev] Predefined animations

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 07:47:20 PST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 3:34 PM, alexander treptow
<alexander.treptow at zweitgeist.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> does anyone knows where to find the predefined animations, like walk,
> clap, cheer and so on? Are they in the viewer source or do i get them
> from server.

They are assets on the server in the same way textures and sound files are.

Some default assets are included in the artwork bundle. Not sure which
ones but there is a good chance some default anims are there too which
would save them being downloaded for every viewer.

> If i only get them from server, how can i create my own predefined
> animations in C code or how can i run LSL code in the viewer without
> notifying the server.

What do you want to do, are you attempting to test animations on real
avatars before uploading? if so use the beta grid. Why do you not want
to notify the server?

You can't really create new predefined animations because if you hack
that only you would see it. You can override any of the default
animations in world with appropriate script and animations to hand.

Robin