[sldev] [VWR] QA, CHTTP, Compiling 1.18.6.1, standalone build and no llmozlib (to CEO)

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Tue Dec 18 11:36:03 PST 2007

Dzonatas wrote:
> As for unit testing this, you ever wonder how CHTTP and SCons could work
> together for QA automation?  It seems logical since both are written in
> python. Would it be to hard to setup a servelet that listens over chttp
> and makes sure programs compile and features work?  It seemed LL was
> headed that direction whereby making QA easier until... well... *sigh*

I think a simple web service would be sufficient.  It's not like you
have to have strongly-guaranteed exactly-once messaging semantics for
automated builds.  Also, don't limit Certified HTTP to being a
"python-only" service -- it's just HTTP with some dingalings!

The tricky part of build automation is not the initiation protocol, but
rather the endpoint that does the build.  I know that QA has many
automatic builds set up already, and I believe more are in the works.

-RYaN