[sldev] The criminalization of open source

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Tue Dec 18 20:30:26 PST 2007

nikki at cf-estates.com wrote:
> The TOS stating the Linden is valueless is not fact. It is only a
> common misperception from a careless read or repeated rumors. There is
> no actual fact to the idea and it won't invalidate damages in court.

When you quoted me, you left out some bits of my e-mail, like this:

"The TOS does not state that the Linden Dollar has value. The TOS does
not prevent the Linden Dollar from having value. Who claims there is
value?"

And, also the bit about section 1.3 that says it is more about the
respect of rights.

DMCA and other copyright law can go so far. It is not foolproof --
especially where such law has no jurisdiction.

--
Power to Change the Void