[sldev] How Asset server handles saving of scripts

Donovan Preston donovan at lindenlab.com
Thu Dec 20 14:54:21 PST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 1:53 PM, Hamncheese wrote:

> I guess I don't understand "blacklisted at the server" means, unless
> you mean that "UpdateScriptTaskInventory" CAPS is turned off on all
> sims?

Yep, that's right.

> The code under save if needed does a "get caps from region, if a url
> is returned then call uploadAssetViaCaps, if not a valid url call
> uploadAssetLegacy" So if CAPS isn't being used until mono is
> released why have the check for that CAP in the code for every save?

No reason really, other than we rolled the code out blacklisted and
haven't taken the time to QA it and turn it on as a feature separate
from mono. If there is sufficient demand it would be easy enough to
start a project to turn on the UpdateScriptTaskInventory cap, since
the remaining work to be done is QA (currently being done on this
feature in the mono branch). But there would have to be a compelling
use case.

Donovan