[sldev] Question by newbie to viewer source ...

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Sun Dec 30 16:22:32 PST 2007

Jay Reynolds Freeman wrote:
> I am also wondering if any collision-detection information
> is provided by the servers to the viewer (I believe I understand
> that all collision-detection is done on the servers, but wonder
> if that information is passed down to the viewer.)

Most of the collision information can be passed on through lsl scripts
with lsl triggers:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Collision

That is the most accurate you will get that will match the server side
state, but it is not the fastest.

Faster collision will need to be simulated, but it most likely won't be
accurate. That accuracy would mainly be offset by the sim lag and for
only being able to have a partial capture of a physics world in the
simulation being derived from the real simulation.

So... it is not impossible.  Practical solutions have yet to be made.
LSL scripts is your best bet for now.