[sldev] [Fwd: TOS Problems]

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Mon Feb 5 13:51:20 PST 2007

I'll have a conversation with Ginsu about this about the TOS as soon as
I can.  However, it looks like he's in Europe on business this week and
probably has a pretty full itinerary over there, which is going to make
real-time communication a little difficult.

We have no intention of rendering the GPL ineffective.  I would like to
point out that this agreement governs the terms of service for Second
Life, not the terms associated with the software itself.  You have
whatever rights the GPL gives you to the software; however, we have the
right to limit how you use our service.  It's going to be very difficult
for us to economically preserve access to our service if we don't have
the legal tools to prohibit usage of abusive clients.

I don't feel comfortable getting into any more detail on this subject
without consulting Ginsu on it.  Sorry, I can't give you a timeline on
when/how we can resolve this issue until I get a chance to talk to him.

Thanks
Rob