[sldev] [Fwd: TOS Problems]

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Mon Feb 5 14:27:58 PST 2007

В сообщении от 5 февраля 2007 22:51 Rob Lanphier написал(a):
> We have no intention of rendering the GPL ineffective.  I would like to
> point out that this agreement governs the terms of service for Second
> Life, not the terms associated with the software itself.  You have
> whatever rights the GPL gives you to the software; however, we have the
> right to limit how you use our service.  It's going to be very difficult
> for us to economically preserve access to our service if we don't have
> the legal tools to prohibit usage of abusive clients.

This part is perfectly fine:
"Linden Lab is not obligated to allow access to the Servers by any
software that is not provided by Linden Lab"

Now this would be what is problematic and conflicts with the GPL:
"and you agree to cease using, creating, distributing or providing any such
software at the request of Linden Lab."