[sldev] Plugin API Architecture for Second Life

Tim Shephard tshephard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 12:47:00 PST 2007

> *  Other hooks/interfaces that give access to useful functionality.  I
> think Bushing sums up the options well here:
> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Plugin_architecture_Low-level_Architecture

This approach is great, however there are a couple of specific concerns I have:

* The hook code on this page is not linking against the functionality
at large in the client.  This means there is no easy way to add
messages to the queue or access the global UI factories.

For example,  it would be nice to call

    gUICtrlFactory->buildFloater()

>From the plugins.

* I'd like to see an arbitrary number of parameters rather than just
two.  Also, once we're bringing in headers from the client we should
be able to use better typing than void  *s.

Cheers,

Tim.