[sldev] Plugin API Architecture for Second Life

Ben Byer sldev at bushing.mm.st
Tue Feb 13 17:22:05 PST 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Tim Shephard wrote:

> On 2/13/07, Ben Byer <sldev at bushing.mm.st> wrote:
>> On Feb 13, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Tim Shephard wrote:
>>
>> > I'll agree - patch first, think later - it's a lot more
>> entertaining
>> > doing things that way.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately, I can't really afford to be a part of that
>> methodology,
>> > as I'm no longer a university student.   But I'll be happy to use
>> > whatever you folks come up with.
>> >

>> Me neither, but I don't have time to argue over what color to paint
>> the bikeshed; coming up with a prototype sidesteps a lot of that.
>>

> Equating issues of stability and security to the color of paint on
> a bikeshed?

No, I was equating quibbling over the number of parameters for a
callback to arguing over the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_of_the_bikeshed

(As Tofu Linden already noted, stability and security are important
issues, but orthogonal to this discussion.)

> Anyways, this isn't aimed at your prototype.   Prototyping is great,
> the more the better.

Thanks.  It was only put out there with the hope that someone would
come along and clean it up or suggest a specifically better method.

> My hopes are that LL has already signed on to all of this, and we're
> just not getting the full story (suprise), so this will all work out
> fine.     However, if things don't get merged or this never pans out,
> I hope we all understand we have no reason to complain.

Why?
-b