[sldev] Avatar list ready for testing!

John Hurliman jhurliman at wsu.edu
Sun Feb 18 22:30:38 PST 2007

Dale Glass wrote:
> В сообщении от 19 февраля 2007 02:28 Jesse Malthus написал(a):
>
>> I am inclined to say that this is pretty sexy. Will you be providing
>> binaries?
>>

> Eventually, yes.
>
> Current plan for the windows installer is to ship just the .exe and added
> files, and make it go over the standard install, plus some sort of switcher
> to choose between standard and my version.
>
> I will announce anything of the sort here, so that we can standarize a bit, if
> people want to do that sort of thing as well.

Here's an NSIS file I used for installing Second Life addons in to the
current Second Life directory:

!define APPNAME "Second Life Addon"
!define APPVERSION "1.0"
!define APPNAMEANDVERSION "${APPNAME} ${APPVERSION}"
!define SL_INST_DIR $8

;--------------------------------

Name "${APPNAMEANDVERSION}"
InstallDir ""
InstallDirRegKey HKLM "SOFTWARE\Linden Research, Inc.\SecondLife" ""

OutFile "sladdon-${APPVERSION}-install.exe"

ShowInstDetails show

;--------------------------------

Function .onInit
; read the installation directory from the registry
;ReadRegStr ${SL_INST_DIR} HKLM "SOFTWARE\Linden Research,
Inc.\SecondLife" ""

; Check for SL installation existence
StrCmp $INSTDIR "" 0 NoAbortInst
MessageBox MB_OK "Second Life installation was not found. Please install
Second Life before runing this installer."
Abort
NoAbortInst:
FunctionEnd

;--------------------------------

;Pages
;Page directory
Page instfiles

UninstPage uninstConfirm
UninstPage instfiles

;--------------------------------

Section ""
SetOutPath $INSTDIR

File sladdon-${APPVERSION}.exe
File sladdon-readme.txt

CreateDirectory "$SMPROGRAMS\${APPNAME}"
CreateShortCut "$SMPROGRAMS\${APPNAME}\Uninstall.lnk"
"$INSTDIR\sladdon-${APPVERSION}-uninstall.exe" ""
"$INSTDIR\sladdon-${APPVERSION}-uninstall.exe" 0
CreateShortCut "$SMPROGRAMS\${APPNAME}\Instructions.lnk"
"$INSTDIR\sladdon-readme.txt" "" "$INSTDIR\sladdon-readme.txt" 0
CreateShortCut "$SMPROGRAMS\${APPNAME}\${APPNAME}.lnk"
"$INSTDIR\sladdon-${APPVERSION}.exe" ""
"$INSTDIR\sladdon-${APPVERSION}.exe" 0

WriteUninstaller "sladdon-${APPVERSION}-uninstall.exe"
SectionEnd

Section "Uninstall"
Delete $INSTDIR\sladdon-${APPVERSION}.exe
Delete $INSTDIR\sladdon-${APPVERSION}-uninstall.exe
Delete $INSTDIR\sladdon-readme.txt

Delete "$SMPROGRAMS\${APPNAME}\*.*"
RMDir "$SMPROGRAMS\${APPNAME}"
SectionEnd