[sldev] Avatar list ready for testing!

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Mon Feb 19 01:25:14 PST 2007

В сообщении от 19 февраля 2007 07:31 Christian Westbrook написал(a):
> Hi Dale,
>
> I was speaking with Rob about progress on plugin architectures for SL
> and he suggested something that seems actually to make a lot of
> sense:  if we could run your AV scanner as a plug-in that LL doesn't
> have to accept into their main code base, but that you can share and
> distribute through OpenMetaverse.org (we are changing from
> OpenSecondLife.org because of Trademark considerations).  He
> specifically mentioned your scanner as an ideal candidate for turning
> into a plugin, so I was hoping to speak with you a bit on IRC or
> perhaps in-world (wherever you are most comfortable) about how
> receptive you might be to the possibility of pursuing that.

Sure, I am interested in that as well :-)

I posted an earlier message here detailing what the scanner needs to be able
to do and have access to, and now you have the source as well, but of course
I'll be glad to discuss whatever is needed.

I definitely want it to be a plugin eventually, as when done it'll probably
contain quite a lot of functionality that won't be very newbie-friendly, so I
doubt it'd get integrated into the main client as-is.