llmozlib (was: Re: [sldev] Linking fails with FL-1.13.3.58185 (cannot find llmozlib))

Tofu Linden tofu.linden at lindenlab.com
Thu Feb 22 02:36:31 PST 2007

Dale Glass wrote:
> Builds all the way until it tries to link, then fails with:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lllmozlib
>
> It does work if disabling mozlib with "#define LL_LIBXUL_ENABLED         0",
> but I don't think that failed before on Linux.
>
> Anybody else had that problem?

Thanks for pointing that out - I've fixed the manifest so that
the right libs are exported to the source release bundle.

For those wondering where to get the source for llmozlib (which wraps
a GL-embeddable patched Mozilla in a comfortable way), this has been
open source for quite a long time at:
http://ubrowser.com/

I need to poke Callum to issue a newer llmozlib source release with the
new Linux port included - I'll post to this list to let people know
when this happens.

Meanwhile, playing with LL_LIBXUL_ENABLED and removing the moz libs
from the SConstruct linkline is currently a safe option.

- Tofu