llmozlib (was: Re: [sldev] Linking fails with FL-1.13.3.58185 (cannot find llmozlib))

signore at autistiche.org signore at autistiche.org
Thu Feb 22 18:47:21 PST 2007

>Meanwhile, playing with LL_LIBXUL_ENABLED and removing the moz libs
>from the SConstruct linkline is currently a safe option.
>
>- Tofu

:)

1
I commented out in indra/SConstruct these lines: 126-147 and 194-195.

2
In indra/llcommon/llpreprocessor.h , as suggested here I changed
#define LL_LIBXUL_ENABLED 1
#define LL_LIBXUL_ENABLED 0

3
Since Ubuntu uses ‘dash’ instead of ‘bash’, someone suggested me
changing
#!/bin/sh
#!/bin/bash
in these files:
linden/indra/newview/linux_tools/launch_url.sh
linden/indra/newview/linux_tools/launch_url.sh
linden/indra/newview/linux_tools/wrapper.sh
linden/indra/newview/linux_tools/package-client.sh
linden/libraries/include/boost/pool/detail/pool_construct_simple.sh
linden/libraries/include/boost/pool/detail/pool_construct.sh
linden/libraries/i686-linux/include/apr-1/arch/unix/apr_arch_threadproc.h

Result:
I managed to compile the Second Life viewer on Linux, using the
BUILD=releasefordownload scon option. I extracted the resulting
tar.bz2 package and the FL viewer runs quite smoothly :)

I'm writing what i made at
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Signore_Iredell,
should I move it to a new page in the wiki, maybe
Compiling the viewer (Linux Ubuntu) ?

bye,
signore iredell