[sldev] Re: Plugin architecture

dirk husemann hud at zurich.ibm.com
Thu Feb 22 07:53:20 PST 2007

John Hurliman wrote:
> The original post on plugin invalidation was talking about runtime
> server-side code, I think you might have got sub-threads crossed. The
> mention of a server-side throttle was made by the same person you are
> responding to.
yes and no. as far as i understood the "plugin invalidation" idea, it's
purpose was to protect against broken plugin/rogue plugins that would
cause pain on the grid --- for that it's better not to rely on properly
functioning clients but instead have proper protections on the servers
(i.e., protect by throttling the client link and signalling that to the
user).

--
dr dirk husemann, pervasive computing, ibm zurich research lab
--- hud at zurich.ibm.com --- +41 44 724 8573 --- SL: dr scofield