[sldev] Re: Viewer Manifest

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Thu Feb 22 19:28:16 PST 2007

В сообщении от 23 февраля 2007 03:49 Ryan Williams написал(a):
> I'm certainly interested in discussion about the design and
> implementation of the script.  Of course, not much discussion can happen
> until everyone see the code, but I just wanted to give a heads-up.
Thanks, will take a look.

> So, why is this relevant to the topic at hand?  The script consolidates
> all the information about how to install the viewer, so you could easily
> modify it to install to a different directory with a different name on
> the recipient's machine.
On my part, packaging isn't what I'm concerned about. Here my idea is to try
to deliver alternate clients without having to redownload the whole thing, as
that requires considerable bandwidth.

So the idea is to just packaged the files that changed, and use a client-side
program that would take care of reusing what was delivered by LL's official
intstaller.