[sldev] LSL initiated Prim metadata was Re: Plugin architecture

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 07:32:34 PST 2007

> It would not be practical for a retail product to ever rely on a
> "tag 0"
> feature, since such a feature, by definition, is of limited
> deployment,
> and may in fact even crash clients with a different tag 0 feature
> enabled.

I strongly suggest that the tags be text, even for test features,
rather than numbers. They could be a four character code encoded in a
32-bit integer, if you like, or better two integers encoding an Apple/
Palm style "owner" and "type" code.

At the very least you need to have some way of separating different
developers, otherwise how would you EVER test something in public, or
test two features in the same client?