[sldev] Support for PNG images available...

Phoenix phoenix at secondlife.com
Mon Jan 22 14:27:52 PST 2007

It should be noted that PNG files will soon not be accepted as
textures, and we are unlikely to directly incorporate PNG support
into the asset system. We are looking toward making it possible for
prims to reference external websites for texture information, which
is where PNG textures would start to come into play.