[sldev] Re: Texture bugs.

Strife Onizuka blindwanderer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:54:55 PST 2007

We had a similar problem on the forums where people were freaking out over a
users signature which contained an image, that was dynamically generated to
make stupid comments and included the requesters IP address. The eventual it
was decided that nothing was going to be done about it.

There are a few things that could be done to mitigate this issue.
First one that comes to mind is land based access lists, groups could be
included (anyone who wasn't on a property list would be added to a 3rd party
list that the user could at their leisure allow, users could similarly mute
users they don't like so not to see their images)
It's not perfect but it would work.
Attachments etc would be a complicating factor.
Url filter would be nice too.
More discussion on what security measures should be put in place is needed.

(forgot to reply to the list the first time ^^;)