[sldev] Opening the server source?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Mon Jul 2 13:48:19 PDT 2007

Nicholaz Beresford wrote:
> And if pricing is similar to what assets cost today on the grid, most
> people will just not bother copying them, because it's not worth the
> effort and many people do play fair (and the others will never pay
> anyway ... I found that out through the software which I develop and
> sell for a living).

That is very true in a micro-economy.  In America's economy, the
micro-economy is not easily accessible. That accessibility is more of
the reason why someone would just go straight-up copy something and not
pay a dime.

The micro-economy gives that much greater of a chance for a monetary
transaction to occur. The micro-economy can easily break the stale
idleness of an economy such as the US dollar.

In that since, it appears the the RIAA has fought on the wrong ground.
Maybe, they should change their name to RIAI and post *free* patch to
Winamp to support WICS: https://www.wicexchange.com/

Surely, the RIAA has spent enough in legal fees by now to likewise pay a
couple of programmers to finish a job to write the patch and retire as a
bonus.

--
Power to Change the Void