[sldev] P2P Web Textures now in demand to enable lossless image downloads to viewer

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 02:36:15 PDT 2007

Harold Brown wrote:

> Yes the whole "But your IP wouldn't be safe" is a straw-man arguement.
> People can already get your IP address and tie it to an Avatar now.

I agree 100%.  This argument has already been used to stifle the
discussion of (non-P2P) web fetched textures with irrelevancies about IP
address exposure.

Making the privacy of an IP address a priority paralyzes Second Life
into a centralized paradigm, making Linden Lab something more like a
horribly inefficient, centralized version of Akamai.

If these "chicken littles" had their way years ago, we wouldn't have
parcel audio and video streaming, and we wouldn't have a live music
community.

-Jason