[sldev] SSE/Vector stuff

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Sun Jul 8 14:30:11 PDT 2007

Dzonatas wrote:
> The reason you really don't want to patch the source files is for
> portability and that there may be more _vec, _sse, and _sse2 type files
> for other optimizations. Really, it is that portion of the filename, the
> "_vec", "_sse", and "_sse2" that determines what compiler options should
> be on and what headers should not be included. Those particular
> implementations can not be mixed with pre-compiled headers, for example.

Understood, but it was for a test compile anyway.  I'm skipping 1.17.3
at the moment, with 1.18 imminent, just wanted to see how that stuff works.
But I'm not so much into performance anyway.  With the patch sematary
already overflowing again, I'm concentrating on making a decent build.

And I expect the Lindens to put in those predefines in the projects
(and/or put some #ifndef #error #endif combinations in place to make sure
the options are set correctly.

I guess it's good that I mentioned it though, so that it's clear that
currently the code does nothing for the compile (and it would have been
a terrible waste of effort if it had gone undetected, so Kudos to Dirk).

Nick
---
Second Life from the inside out:
http://nicholaz-beresford.blogspot.com/