[sldev] SSE/Vector stuff

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Sun Jul 8 15:15:25 PDT 2007

Nicholaz Beresford wrote:
> And I expect the Lindens to put in those predefines in the projects
> (and/or put some #ifndef #error #endif combinations in place to make sure
> the options are set correctly.
Heh... I originally had those kinds of predefines in there in source
(not in the project files, of course). Hmm. There was some reason why
they were taken out and defaulted back to the _vec version.

> I guess it's good that I mentioned it though, so that it's clear that
> currently the code does nothing for the compile (and it would have been
> a terrible waste of effort if it had gone undetected, so Kudos to Dirk).

Right. Even though I completed what was asked the first time around and,
as further asked a second and third time around, did more then the
original desire, it was all considered a waste of time in the end. For
what was asked for in the second and third time around, it sure would
have helped if I had a proper orientation like any other Linden Lab
employee. Then I wouldn't have to waste contract time that is suppose to
spent on this project to learn how internal build method works and other
procedures.

I've seen how LL employees are formally introduced and orientated to the
business. I didn't get the same treatment but was required work at least
at the same level. It didn't make sense they didn't just formally hire
me to get the job done the right way in be a position to easily work
together with other employees.

I really could not afford a daily commute to the closest Linden office.
Ugh, I code... I poor.

In the end, well... I still have a uncashed check they sent back to me
after I gave it back. I went totally unpaid for the last bit to help
finish the job. I didn't feel accomplished for what was asked even
though it appeared completed. It was like it was not enough. Customer is
always right.. they can keep the money! Hmm. There must be a reason why
I'm on a hunger strike now (-9lbs today).

The LLV4 headers are free now to help optimize Second Life.

Kudos to Dirk...  send me your street address and I'll send you this
uncashed check from LL where you can cash it.

--
Power to Change the Void