[sldev] Opening the server source?

Jim Purbrick (Babbage) babbage at lindenlab.com
Mon Jul 9 07:24:05 PDT 2007

Actually, the first C# scripts ran on SL simulators about 18 months
ago, but that's because they were scripts I wrote and so trusted. As
Adam says, being able to securely run untrusted scripts written in
arbitrary languages is the tricky bit. Our microthreading injector
can whitelist method calls to avoid dangerous library calls, but
we're probably going to have to wait until the Moonlight project
implements the Silverlight security model before we can allow
arbitrary CIL assemblies to run on the main grid.

Cheers,

Jim/Babbage