[sldev] 1.18.0.6

Able Whitman able.whitman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 14:22:52 PDT 2007

> One user on my blog says he's just getting the small blurry ones.  And
> I think I saw unusually high decode priorities in the texture console.

I'm getting the full-rez textures, eventually. I'm not sure that the full
textures are taking longer to load, but it does seem that the initial blurry
textures (is there a proper name for these?) take longer to appear, so
objects have the default textures for longer.

> Once the 1.18.0.6 <http://1.18.0.6> source is available, I'm interested
> > in looking at a diff between it an 1.17 to see what (if any) pipeline
> > changes were made.
>
> Hmm, would be worth checking with 1.18.4 ... not that the release notes
> said anything (or not that I already was looking).

This raises an interesting question: would it be reasonable to ask for the
release notes to include the internal LL issues that are addressed in each
release, in addition to the public JIRA issues? I assume that every change
that is made to the viewer has an associated issue, whether it be a public
or internal one.

--Able

Nick