[sldev] message template updates, logging in change?

John Hurliman jhurliman at wsu.edu
Fri Jul 13 00:23:16 PDT 2007

Although our (libsecondlife's)  main protocol documentation page has not
been updated yet, there is a bit of info at
http://www.libsecondlife.org/wiki/New_Protocol. Beyond that the next
best source of documentation might be the latest libsecondlife source
code, specifically the code in _Packets_.cs that parses packet headers.
The compression on the rest of the packet hasn't changed, except that 6
bytes of the header are preserved (never zerocoded) now instead of the
previous 4. You are correct about the "binary buckets" or undocumented
struct fields. If you have any questions on a specific packet or field
someone might be able to answer it.

And yes, this diff is not useful at all:
http://www.libsecondlife.org/template/release/diff-1.18.0.5.txt, not to
mention that diffing message_template.msg will not tell you anything
about changes in the packet headers.

John Hurliman