[sldev] 1.18.0.6 system unresponsiveness on linux after login

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Fri Jul 13 16:48:28 PDT 2007

Just built the 1.18.0.6 release on debian etch (i386) following the
instruction on the wiki and in particular:
% scons DISTCC=no BTARGET=client BUILD=release MOZLIB=no
% export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../../libraries/i686-linux/lib_release_client:${LD_LIBRARY_P
ATH}:/usr/local/lib

After completing the build I noticed a few libraries missing:
 libllmath.so
 libllvfs.so
 llibllimagej2coj.so
 libllimage.so
 libfmod-3.75.so
 libllcommon.so

I noticed they actually were built under indra/lib_release_client/ so I
copied them over to the main libraries location.

Soon after login the screen becomes all black, the mouse and the entire
system gets unresponsive. Only way to revive it is to reset it.

I must say this is the first time for me building SL on linux, so there
might be something I missed? Any suggestion is welcome,
Thanks.

Ettore