[sldev] About the Open Source Viewer

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:51:26 PDT 2007

I'm assuming the idea of this is to get some extra QA on code that is
going to wind up in the main viewer.

I think the only way this can be useful is if it *only* includes Jira
patches. If the code isn't ready for Jira it probably isn't ready for
this stage either.

If you have to modify a patch to get it to apply clean, that modified
patch should be posted back to Jira.

If non-Jira or code submitted by people who haven't signed the
contributor agreement is included, the value is greatly reduced because
any bugs or instability might be written off as a problem with the
"unofficial" code patches that were applied.

If I've completely misunderstood the point of this, I apologize.

-Jason